It’s time again for Canterbury’s Big Event, Old Home Day!
Every year there is a wonderful combination of continuity and new exhibits and wares. From the wildly popular Finnish Pulla Bread and those famous Congregational Church congregation’s pies to exhibits and demonstrations of “how we did it in the old days,” there is something to please everyone of every age and interest. The only thing to be added is You!
So come and join us and spend the day enjoying:
- Historical reenactors,
- Children’s activities,
- Practitioners of many traditional trades and crafts,
- Live music,
- Informational booths of civic and nonprofit groups, and
- Exhibits in the restored 19th century one-room Green District schoolhouse.
Come hungry so you can take full advantage of the scrumptious food from
- Locally made artisanal cheeses to
- Finnish pulla bread,
- Home-baked pies,
- Canterbury maple syrup,
- AND the requisite burgers and dogs.
Meet old friends and make new ones. Bring the whole family and soak up the quintessentially New England small-town ambiance of this old-timey fall celebration.”
For more information, please go HERE